Since starting Stay Fit Mom back in January I’ve been waiting for Fall to share some of my favorite Fall time family recipes. Last week I shared our traditional Halloween Meatball Soup Recipe and this week I’m sharing another, White Chicken Chili. I have given this family recipe a new name, The Best White Chicken Chili, because that’s exactly what it is- The Best!
I didn’t include the Greek yogurt in the recipe, but it’s a must! Once you stir it in it makes it nice and creamy, and white!
I’ve already altered this family recipe slightly to make it “skinnier”. This recipe originally called for heavy whipping cream and sour cream. I don’t know about you but those two things I usually try and avoid if possible. When I lost the baby weight last time around one of my favorite substitutes for sour cream was Greek yogurt. I honestly don’t notice a difference when used in recipes or mixed with a little salsa for Mexican inspired dishes. It’s a great way to make a small change in your diet right away and is actually packed with protein.
I made a double batch of this last Wednesday so I could photograph it for this post and take it to work for lunch. Eating it for lunch and dinner it only lasted 2 days! Friday evening when my husband was gone coaching football the kids and I went to the store for more chicken so we could make another double batch! Like I said, this is The Best White Chicken Chili.
- 2.5 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions (140g)
- 1.5 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2, 15oz. Cans Great Northern Beans
- 14.5 oz. Can Chicken Broth
- 10.5oz. Can Cream of Chicken
- 2, 4 oz. Cans Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Topping Ideas:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Sliced Avocado
- Sweet Potato Crackers
- In soup pan saute' chicken, onion, and garlic powder in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Crockpot Directions: Transfer cooked chicken to crockpot and add remaining ingredients. Cook on low 4 hours.
- Instant Pot Directions: Cook chicken on saute setting. Add remaining ingredients and cook on soup setting for 20 minutes. Natural release 10-15 minutes.
The Best White Chicken Chili
Amount Per Serving:
1 Cup (250g)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.9||4.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.2||4.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8||12%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Find this and most our recipes in My Fitness Pal for easy logging! Search Stay Fit Mom The Best White Chicken Chili
You may also like these recipes from Stay Fit Mom:
12 Easy Paleo Crockpot Dinners
Hey! This was so yummy! Any chance you know the macros/calories for this off hand? And how much is one serving size?
Hi Karla! I need to update all our recipes to include the macronutrient info still. I can tell you the whole recipe is: 217P, 172C, and 51F. I forget how many 1 cup servings it typically makes. My guess is about 10, so you would just divide them all by 10. Hope this helps!
I have to tell you that I have made this recipe for the past 2 years for our chili cookoff at work and I have WON both years! Now I’m going for 3 years in a row! Thanks for sharing this one it IS The BEST White Chicken Chili for sure!
How awesome!!! Glad you’re enjoying t and winning those cook offs!
Can you clarify the cream of chicken can size? I can only find a 10.5 or a 22.6 oz can. Thank You!
Hi Tonya. Sorry that was a mistake, t’s the 10.5oz can. I just updated the recipe. Thanks for catching that!