With the recent change in weather this week for most of us, I think a warm bowl of soup might just hit the spot. Who am I kidding though? I’ve been making this soup non stop for weeks now trying to get it perfect. Last weekend, when Tracy and I were in Utah, I made it for her and my parents and got the approval to go ahead and share it already. So, here it is! One Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Soup!
We always knew the day was coming when we could convince our husbands we needed to get away for the weekend to work on Stay Fit Mom stuff. Wahoo! We had a great time, and we can’t wait to share our newest project that is currently in the works with you all!! Soon.
One of my favorite ingredients lately is Greek yogurt cream cheese. I always keep packages of it in my fridge for all my favorite recipes. Like One Pot Skinny Chili Mac & Cheese or Cream Cheese Chicken Chili. You can purchase it at Kroger or Walmart. If you can’t find it, simply sub low fat cream cheese or full fat. Whatever floats your boat!
I’m not including the pictures of the step by step instructions because it’s super simple and I just didn’t get around to taking those pictures this time. Sorry gals, and the few guys that possibly stop by here, the written instructions will just have to due this time. Scroll down for recipe and enjoy!
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- 2 Small Red Potatoes chopped real small
- 1 Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 8 Ounces Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 600 Grams Broccoli (I use about 2/3 of the Costco Bag)
- 22 Ounces Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 32oz. Box Vegetable Broth (4 cups)
- 1 Cup Water.
- 8 Ounces Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese you like)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a large pot, sauté the onions, chicken, garlic, and red potatoes in the olive oil.
- Chop up the broccoli into small pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the broccoli, vegetable broth, and water.
- Cook on low until the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.6||14.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.1||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5||6%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!