How quickly I remember how much I dislike the cold. It’s windy and cold here in the desert and I’m craving some warm soup. This Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup would be perfect on a day like today. Serve it with a grilled cheese and you’ve got yourself an amazing meal. The macros aren’t bad either!
If you find yourself with an abundance of tomatoes, this is a great one to make and freeze in ziplock bags. I dream of having a garden one day and making my own soups and salsas with freshly picked tomatoes. Here’s a couple recipes for you if you have lots of tomatoes to use:
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
If you don’t have a high powered blender, you could use an immersion blender. Just add everything to your pot and carefully start blending. I have an immersion blender I use all the time. I love that thing.
Top your soup with some sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, or pesto. Enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.
- 8-10 medium tomatoes on the vine, sliced in half (1268g)
- 2 medium red peppers, sliced in half (222g)
- 7 cloves garlic, whole (35g)
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered (186g)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or spray (14g)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a 1/2 sheet cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange your tomatoes, red pepper, onions with the sliced edge down. Spray or drizzle your avocado oil over the top and salt and pepper well.
- Roast about 50 minutes or until the veggies start to shrivel up and look nice and cooked.
- Pull out of the oven and immediately wrap red peppers in foil. Let all veggies sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from all tomatoes and red peppers. Place all roasted veggies in your high powered blender along with the basil and blend well for a few minutes. Add the broth and blend.
- Pour into a pot over the stove and bring to a simmer. Serve warm.
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Amount Per Serving:
250g (1 cup)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.8||6.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.3||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6||24%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Search MyFitnessPal for Stay Fit Mom Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup to log in your food diary.