These chorizo breakfast burritos are in my new cookbook and seem to be a huge hit! My boys love them so we make them all the time around our house. They store so well in the fridge or you can even freeze them! Just make sure to let them cool completely and wrap each one individually in some cling wrap.
If you love this recipe you’ll love our cookbooks! You can snag a digital or hard copy of them bellow!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen potatoes, cubed or hash (126 grams)
- 140 grams Jennie-O chorizo seasoned turkey sausage (this comes in a 1 pound roll)
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 4 uncooked flour tortillas
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- Over medium heat cook your potatoes. I used frozen potatoes so I added a bit of water to soften them up as they cooked.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add in the chorizo and cook until done.
- Add in egg whites, cook until done.
- Evenly distribute onto the 4 uncooked tortillas.
- Sprinkle each burrito with some of the cheese.
- Fold in edges and roll up burritos.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes, or cook them on the stove, turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before refrigerating or freezing.
Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.5||18.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.3||10%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Find this in Myfitnesspal for easy logging! Search Stay Fit Mom Chorizo Breakfast Burrito!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
They don’t sell the chorizo turkey sausage in my area, any tips on how to flavor the regular turkey sausage to help it taste similar?
In My Fitness Pal, this is listed as 315 calories…
Good eye! Myfitnesspal is correct, as well as the macros listed here on the recipe. I must have just goofed when I wrote the calories in. I’ll fix it. Thanks!
How do we know what tortilla size?
Hi Taylor. I get the standard size, they are about 24 carbs each. It’s not the street taco size, it’s the bigger ones.