If you’ve never tried Crack Chicken before you’re missing out. This is one of the simplest foods you can prep that the whole family will love. What’s not to love about bacon, ranch, and cream cheese? See what I mean! Add this simple recipe to your dinner menu this week and you wont regret it!
This crack chicken is so versatile you can use it to make just about anything. Use crack chicken to make these meals:
- Baked Potatoes
- Rice and Veggie bowls
This one can be made in the slow cooker before heading out for the day. Or if you need a quick meal to throw together after a long day of work or errands, throw this in the pressure cooker and it will be done in under and hour. Just remember to add about 1/2 cup of water to your pot if using a pressure cooker! Instructions for both are below.
You can use pre cooked bacon bits for this one in a pinch, but I recommend cooking your own if you can.
As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe when you make it in your own home. Tag me on Instagram if you’re into that! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot. Thank you! Enjoy this one and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, diced (72g)
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker or pressure cooker, topping it with the uncooked bacon pieces. Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix.
- Cover and cook on low in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours. If using a pressure cooker, cook on manual high for 15 minutes with about 1/2 cup of water.
- Shred the chicken and mix in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Serve over rice, a baked potato, veggies, or use in a sandwich, tacos, or enchiladas.
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.6||7.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.4||0%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Find in both MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst App by searching the food database for, “Stay Fit Mom Crack Chicken.”
What kind of ranch seasoning do you recommend? I want to make sure it tastes good and doesn’t throw off the macro numbers. Thanks!
Hi Lareina, I used Hidden Valley Ranch.
When cooking in the slow cooker, do you not add any liquid to the chicken?
No, it’s only needed for the pressure cooker.
Hold up, the recipe says to put the uncooked bacon in the pressure cooker? I can’t find any other crack chicken recipes that do that, and it really doesn’t look like you did in the pictures. Is that correct??
Hi Ally! I did in fact put the raw bacon right in with the chicken. I just added some extra bacon at the end as a topping, and so you could see that there is in fact bacon in this recipe.
What is the serving size? 1/2?
Followed the recipe for pressure cooker exact and my bacon was not cooked. Had to throw it away and use pre-cooked bacon.
The bacon certainly won’t be crispy, but I can’t imagine it doesn’t cook. If the chicken is cooked, the bacon should be as well. I just mix it right in.
Is the raw bacon necessary for the grease to help in the overall flavor of the dish? Or can I cook the bacon separately and add it cooked once chicken is done in the crock pot? I do not care for flimsy, chewy bacon so I wanted to ask before trying the recipe as is. Thanks! 🙂
You can of course use pre cooked bacon. That should work just fine and taste great.
Hey I just made this but feel the chicken was a bit dry so I used some of the liquid from the IP plus I added more ranch powder cause it seem to be lost in the cooking