If you’re looking for something fancy to make for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, try these Strawberry Hazelnut Crepes. Your Valentine will be VERY impressed, guaranteed. Did I also mention these are macro friendly? Meaning they’re easy to fit into your daily macro budget so you can enjoy a few yourself!
What else can we stuff these crepes with?
Obviously you can make these crepes and fill them with whatever toppings you like. Today I’m providing you with this delicious and beautiful strawberry hazelnut option, but there are many more. Here are some different was you can stuff your crepes:
- Butter and Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- Peanut Butter and Sliced Bananas
- Cream Cheese and Berries
- Chocolate Chips
- Peaches and Whip Cream
- Steak, Spinach, and Mushroom.
- Turkey and Pesto.
- Spinach and Cheese.
- Turkey, Mushroom, and Swiss.
- Tomatoes, Pesto, and Mozzarella.
- Spinach Artichoke, Chicken, and Cheese.
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado, and Cheese.
Where did you get your crepe pan?
We’ve been making crepes since my kids were little. I have a large Crepe Pro I’ve been using since then I love. It comes with a batter spreader and spatula. Highly recommend if you need something to make these. I also love that it can store right in my cupboard with the sheet pans or I can slide it right underneath other dishes to store. It doesn’t take up a ton of extra space like other crepe appliances.
How do you drizzle the hazelnut so perfectly?
To get the beautiful hazelnut drizzle I melted some of the hazelnut in a small glass bowl and then poured it into a small ziplock bag. Trim the corner off the bag and drizzle it right on. Or you can just use your spoon to drizzle the melted hazelnut, and it will still be gorgeous.
How do I get my crepes to not rip apart?
Learning to make crepes takes a little bit of patience. Don’t make your pan too hot and gently float the batter spreader over the batter. Let it cook well before attempting to flip them. Again, if at first you don’t succeed, keep trying.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.
- 1 & 1/4 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup Kodiak cakes power cakes flapjack
- mix (106g)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 24 ounces sliced strawberries, sliced (3 oz. per crepe)
- Start heating up your Crepe Pro or large pan to medium high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, milk & eggs.
- Stir in Kodiak Cake mix, a small pinch of nutmeg, and a little bit of salt.
- Pour 1/3 cup crepe mix on your greased Crepe Pro and slowly spread out with wooden batter spreader.
- If using a pan, lift pan and swirl around until batter coats the whole bottom of the pan.
- Cook about 2–3 minutes and then flip and
- cook an additional minute.
- In a small microwave safe dish melt the hazelnut 15 seconds.
- Spread 18 grams of hazelnut spread on one whole side of your crepe. Put 3 ounces of strawberries on the same side of the crepe. Fold in half and drizzle with another 6 grams of hazelnut.
Strawberry Hazelnut Crepes
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.1||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.5||9.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Additional topping ideas not included in the nutrition/macro count: whipped cream & powdered sugar
Find these in Myfitnesspal or Macrosfirst by searching, “Stay Fit Mom Strawberry Hazelnut Crepes.”