What a crazy couple of weeks it has been! My husband and I have more projects going than we should, we still have unopened boxes sitting in the living room, and Tracy delivered her little boy early on Friday. I told Tracy early last week I was planning on posting a new Almond Flour Chicken Parmesan recipe but had to tweak it just a little more before it was ready. When she had Oliver Friday I sent her a text saying I would bring it to her for dinner Sunday so she could test it out. Obviously I can’t speak for Tracy but she did send me a text last night that said, “Dinner was awesome!!!!”.
I went and saw Tracy Friday evening at the hospital and little Oliver was just perfect. She said things went very smoothly and her nipples were already raw from nursing. Most of us know that feeling all too well, right!? Seriously, that might be worse than delivering the baby in my opinion. Luckily it usually only lasts a few weeks. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her and Oliver.
Remember that cure blanket I gave her in her New Baby Gift Basket!? SO CUTE!
This recipe is obviously NOT Whole30 as is, but I’m guessing it would be wonderful without the cheese if you’re currently doing a Whole30 round or even strict Paleo. I however have been enjoying a little cheese in my life lately and I’m loving it! I mostly use the Kerry Gold brand cheese from Costco but for this particular recipe I used the parmesan and mozzarella. I hope you enjoy this recipe and come back for more!
Almond Flour Chicken Parmesan
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce of choice
- 3-4 roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk up 2 eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine almond flour and spices in a dish large enough for coating the chicken in.
- Coat chicken completely in eggs (i like to use a brush)and dip in almond flour mixture. Coat both sides with almond flour and place in casserole dish.
- Once all pieces have been breaded place the chicken in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, top with spaghetti sauce, sliced tomatoes, and cheese.
- Return to oven and cook uncovered for another 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).
When I made this for Tracy and her family I used some of my frozen thin sliced chicken breasts and I think it worked really well! I let the chicken sit out for about 20 minutes before I coated them in the egg and flour mixture. It seemed to me that the almond flour stuck a little better this way.
***Scroll to bottom of page for recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
You might also enjoy these recipes from Stay Fit Mom: