A few weeks ago I was given this giant home grown zucchini so I had to put it to good use. These easy zucchini boats were a hit for the whole family. These could easyily be paleo or whole 30 by simply eliminating the cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from this link, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
When shopping for the perfect zucchini for this recipe I suggest buying the largest ones you can find so you can stuff them with lots of meat. I’ve also made this into a casserole by just slicing the zucchini up and throwing it in the casserole pan. It tastes just as great, but isn’t as pretty or fun for the kiddos.
Easy Zucchini Boats
- 4-6 zucchini
- 1/2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 3-4 sausage links (I like to use Aidells Chicken Sausage which is whole 30 compliant)
- 1 15oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown your ground beef and drain fat. (also cook sausage if not a precooked variety)
- Add your onions, bell peppers, and precooked sliced sausage. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Stir in can of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Slice zucchini, remove seeds, and place in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 min or until zucchini is soft.
You may also like these recipes: