Tracy and I are full of surprises these days! Our men almost couldn’t believe we planned a dude trip just for them and a few friends this upcoming weekend. We actually planned the trip on Mother’s Day and really worked hard to not spoil the surprise before Father’s Day. Don’t be fooled though, we know exactly what we’re doing. Spoiling some of men of Stay Fit Mom before the More Than Macros Retreat next month was no accident. Making these bomb grilled shrimp tacos for dinner yesterday was no accident either.
These grilled shrimp tacos had our daddy coming back for seconds! You really can’t ever go wrong with tacos if we’re being completely honest. They’re super simple to throw together, they’re quick to cook, and everyone can build them the way they like. Onions, cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, and feta to name a few toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission that helps support our blog. This would be at no additional cost to you.
You’ll need 2 pounds of raw, jumbo shrimp to make these. If frozen, defrost them under cool water before peeling and putting them on the skewers. Once skewered, generously coat them with ALL the seasoning.
I cooked these on the Traeger Grill at 225 for about 20 minutes until pink in color. If using a traditional grill, cook on both sides about 3-4 minutes, or until they look pink. Don’t over cook, you’ll be stuck with dry, rubbery shrimp.
I should also mention that I put all the ingredients for the taco sauce right into a ziplock bag and mixed it up. When it comes time to put it on your tacos, just snip the corner of the bag with some scissors and drizzle.
For easy logging in MyFitnessPal search Stay Fit Mom Shrimp Tacos. If adding extra sauce or wanting to use extra, log it by searching Stay Fit Mom Taco Sauce. The macros for the sauce are per gram. So when preparing your tacos, simply set your plate of tacos on your food scale, zero it out, and drizzle away.
- 2 Pounds Raw Jumbo Shrimp
- 8-10 Bamboo Skewers
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Small Pinch of Pepper
- Small Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Corn Tortillas (I used Guerrero brand)
- Red Cabbage
- Red Onion
- Fat Free Feta Cheese
- Place Bamboo skewers in water and let soak at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the seasoning by mixing all spices together in a small bowl or ziplock bag.
- Remove tail and peel all shrimp. Make sure all shrimp is defrosted for even cooking.
- Put 4-5 pieces of shrimp on each skewer and place on a cookie sheet.
- Coat shrimp generously on both sides with all the seasoning.
- Grill on medium high 3-4 minutes each side or until shrimp is pink. If using a Traeger Grill cook at 225 for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayo, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and the lime juice.
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave or over gas stovetop.
- Chop and prepare all toppings
- Place 3 corn tortillas on a plate.
- Top each each with a bit of cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, and red onion.
- Place 2 jumbo shrimp on each taco.
- Add 20g sliced avocado, 8g feta cheese, and 20g of the taco sauce.
Easily add this to your MyFitnessPal food journal by Searching Stay Fit Mom Shrimp Tacos. The macros listed include everything seen and listed above. If using extra taco sauce you can easily log that too! Just search Stay Fit Mom Taco Sauce.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10||15.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.5||13.2%|
|Dietary Fiber 7||28%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom