These Ground Turkey and Cauliflower Rice Paleo Stuffed Peppers are one of my husband’s favorite meals. Since we converted to a mostly Paleo lifestyle a while back, I converted this recipe and it is a winner!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from this link, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
The products and information listed in this post are to the best of our knowledge. We share with our readers what has been successful for us in our own lives. Visit Whole30.com for full nutritional guide to ensure the products and food you consume are compliant.
You have to soften the peppers a bit before stuffing them and baking. I use my favorite microwavable casserole dish to do this easily without creating extra pans to clean. Simply cut out the top stem and and clean your peppers, place them in the dish with a little bit of water, throw the lid on top(mine doesn’t usually cover them completely) and microwave for about 8-10 min. Check them occasionally because you don’t want them to get too soft.
- Cauliflower Rice
- 8-10 bell peppers
- 1.5-2lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce(no sugar) or 1 14oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Make your cauliflower rice and set aside
- Soften bells pepper as described above or boil them in a pot of water until slightly soft. It’s very important that you don’t over cook them because they will fall apart. Then place them in your casserole dish ready to be stuffed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another pan cook your ground turkey and chopped onion. Drain fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes,1 cup of your spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, some salt and pepper, and all of your cauliflower rice.
- Fill your peppers with ground turkey mixture and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake in oven for 45min-1 hour. Enjoy!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Scroll to the bottom of page for printable version.
You might also like these recipes: