Enchiladas are one of my favorites! They’re packed with protein and so good. I like to make them all different ways. Here’s a version from my Easy Macro Meals cookbook. These Creamy Chicken Enchiladas aren’t as lean (low in fat) as most my other enchilada recipes, but worth programing into your day for.
This is a creamy white sauce version I made using my easy crockpot or instant pot Shredded Greek chicken. Of course you can use plain shredded chicken, or even pork if that’s all you have.
The single serve versions I like to make for meal prep have been causing huge controversy over on Tiktok on Instagram Reels. Apparently if you don’t roll them, they aren’t enchiladas? I suppose they could be called stacked enchiladas, enchilada inspired, enchilada lasagne, or enchilasagne! Call them what you want, the individual size ones so easy to make, and great for meal prepping.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.
This recipe is originally from cookbook 3. View all our cookbooks here.
- 600g Greek Shredded Chicken
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack shredded cheese (224g)
- 3 tablespoons butter (42g)
- 3 tablespoons flour (22g)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (50g)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (60g)
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup green chilies
- Warm up your corn tortillas in the microwave about 30 seconds to make them soft.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill each corn tortilla with 50g cooked chicken and top with a bit of the cheese.
- Fold up your enchiladas and flip so the opening is down and arrange neatly in your casserole dish.
- Over medium low heat melt your butter.
- Slowly whisk in your flour (it will be thick and clumpy).
- Next slowly whisk in your milk and continue to stir until it starts to boil. Continue to stir and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream & green chilies.
- Pour creamy mixture over your enchiladas and top them all with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the top is getting crispy.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23||35.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29||9.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Find in Myfitnesspal by searching the food database for: Stay Fit Mom Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Can you freeze this and then put this in the overnight later?
Hi Catherine, You can certainly freeze these before baking. I would make all the enchiladas and then freeze.