The number one macronutrient women struggle to get enough of is protein. Women who don’t eat enough protein struggle to lose weight, have slower metabolisms, low energy, and mood swings just to name a few. If you’re trying to lose weight you should be eating somewhere between your goal body weight and your current body weight in grams each day. This means you should be eating protein with just about every meal and snack throughout the day. If you’re like me, you don’t enjoy eating plain chicken breasts and vegetables everyday. I like to really enjoy my food so I try to cook a variety of different foods each week that keep me interested and on track. I have my favorites and I’ve also asked some of our macro clients what their favorite go-to meals are to give us all some new ideas. Here is a list and some pictures of some easy meals you could make this week that are packed with protein!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
- Crockpot Pork Roast– Serve over rice or cauliflower rice, salsa, wholly guacamole, and cheese.
- Personal Pizzas- Build your own on flatbread using a little EVOO, marinara sauce, or an other sauce you like. Top with your choice or meats, turkey pepperoni, veggies, and cheese. For a low carb pizza try using the flat-out flatbread that is only 14 carbs and a whopping 9 grams of protein each!
- Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs- Pop your favorite frozen meatballs into the microwave or oven, cook up a serving of pasta noodles, add a bit of sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Meatball Sandwich- Again, pop your favorite frozen meatballs into the microwave for a few minutes, place on your bread, top with cheese and some marinara sauce and then broil for a few minutes until cheese melts and bread is slightly toasted.
- Enchiladas- These are super easy to throw together and and you can do personal ones for everyone. Corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, meat, cheese, and Greek yogurt. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy with some guacamole!
- Tuna Melt- 1 can of tuna mixed with a bit of mayonnaise and topped with lots of cheese. Grill or broil in the oven.
- Pre Cooked Chicken Sausage and Microwaved Veggies- This is my, “Oh crap I have nothing to make for dinner” meal.
- Chicken Alfredo- When I have a lot of fat to spare I love using Alfredo sauce! A little goes a long way and I typically only use 1/8 cup for 1 serving of pasta. I like to sauté onions, bell pepper and chicken in some butter and then add the noodles, sauce, and some grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir Fry- My favorite way to make stir fry is with frozen shrimp, frozen stir fry veggies, and ramen noodles. Spice it up with a bit of red hot!
- Taco Salad-Load up your plate with lots of lettuce, ground beef or ground turkey with taco seasoning, tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt, and beans.
- Fajitas- You can’t go wrong with fajitas! Grill up some onions, peppers, and meat right in your pan and serve over tortillas or eat plain.
- Baked Fish and veggies
- Breakfast Tacos- Corn tortillas, scrambled eggs, salsa, and cheese.
- Chicken Parmesen Muffins– Some girls in one of our macro coaching groups shared this recipe with us and I love it!
- Protein Pancakes- Our favorite mix is Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein Packed with an extra egg white or two added in. Top with Walden Farm’s No Calorie Syrup, some light whip cream, butter, or peanut butter.
- Ground Turkey and Rice- I like to season my ground turkey with taco seasoning and put it on rice or broccoli. You can also add guacamole or salsa verde.
- Sweet Potato Nacho Fries- Bake some sweet potatoes and top them with ground beef or shredded chicken or pork, cheese, greek yogurt, salsa, and guacamole.
- Lasagne- Sam’s Club sells a Stouffer’s variety that has 18g protein per serving that is really good!
- Mexican Bowls- Any cooked meat you like over rice, beans, grilled onions and peppers, lettuce, salsa, cheese, and guacamole.
- Quesadilla- load up a tortilla with lots of cheese and some cook shredded chicken. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
- Stuffed Peppers- Microwave some bell peppers, stuff with rice, beans, meat, cheese, diced tomatoes, and anything else you like. We have a good paleo version here made with cauliflower rice.
- Chicken Bake- Our good friend Kimber over at ThePinningMama.com has a lot of really good, easy chicken bakes. One of our favorites is the Pesto Spinach Artichoke Bake here. It’s a must try!
- Salad- I have been loving salads lately! My favorite toppings include chicken, bacon crumbles (Costco), cherry tomatoes, croutons, banana peppers, and any flavor Bolthouse Farms Dressing.
- White Chicken Chili– One of my favorite soups of all time! For extra protein add extra chicken!
- Cream Cheese Chicken Chili– This is one of our most popular chili recipes on the blog! It’s so good and packed with protein!
26. Chicken Pot Pie– also uses the Kodiak cake mix and packs this full of protein! 1/4 of the pie is 50 grams of protein!
27. Chicken & Broccoli Soup-another SFM favorite to try!
28. Tuna Casserole– a traditional family recipe packed with a little extra protein.
29. Our famous One Pot Skinny Chili Mac & Cheese – this is one we make on the regular that the whole family loves!
30. Green Chili Egg Casserole– great for breakfast!
I hope you got some ideas and please share in the comments if you have anymore ideas I may have missed! We have a lot more ideas and recipes here.
Interacting with our community on social media fuels our passion to keep on creating! We do our best to read and respond to every single comment. It means the world to us to know that you’re out there listening and going through the trenches right alongside us!