In honor of Fall, I’m leaking one of our most popular Fall recipes from cookbook 2, Sausage Bean Stew. You can’t go wrong adding this to the menu this week. It’s a slow cooker recipe and so tasty! MyAdd titleIn honor of Fall, I’m leaking one of our most popular Fall recipes from cookbook 2, sausage bean stew. You can’t go wrong adding this to the menu this week. It’s a slow cooker recipe and so tasty! My husband LOVES this one.
I made this earlier this week and used some fun pumpkin noodles (see image below) I had in my pantry. I think I got them at Home Goods a few months ago but I can’t be sure. Someone said they saw some at Trader Joes recently if you want to make this a little more fun also. You only need 4 ounces of pasta for this recipe and can use any kind. The recipes calls for small shells or ditalina.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
I love using my veggie chopper for this. Every time I show this on Tiktok or Instagram everyone wants the link. I got it on Amazon and it’s been so fun to use. I’ve had it a while but have been using it quite a bit. View it on Amazon HERE. I highly recommend this fun kitchen appliance if you chop a lot of veggies.
You can find this recipe and all my others in Myfitnesspal app. Simply search the food database for, “Stay Fit Mom” followed by the name of the recipe.
I hope you this sausage bean stew! As always I love to see what you’re cooking! Tag us on Instagram @stayfitmom_krista or leave a comment below! Thank you!
- 16 ounces ground turkey (93/7)
- 19 ounces mild Italian sausage links (5
- 1/2 large onion, diced (150g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced (200g)
- 4 celery stalks, diced (1 cup)
- 15.5 ounce can white navy beans
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth (4 cups)
- 6–8 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2
- teaspoon dried
- 4 ounces uncooked pasta (I use small
- shells or ditalina)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Over medium heat cook your ground turkey, onions, and garlic.
- Once cooked through, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Dump in the carrots, celery, tomatoes, and beans.
- Place raw sausage links on top.
- Pour in broth and place the thyme on top.
- Cook on low 7–8 hours.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and sausage links. Slice the sausage and return it to the slow cooker along with the uncooked pasta.
- Let cook an additional 20–30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Before serving add the balsamic vinegar and fresh chopped parsley.
Sausage Bean Stew
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.4||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.8||6.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Search Myfitnesspal food database for: Stay Fit Mom Sausage Bean Stew
This recipe is from my Home Cooked Meals cookbook. Find many more macro calculated recipes in my books below!
Can this recipe be made in an instapot?
Yes! I actually just shared the Instant Pot version on my Instagram recently. @stayfitmom_krista. I just sautéed the meat first and then added all remaining ingredients. I used risotto for the pasta. Soup setting 20 minutes. 👍🏻
How much is a serving?