I feel like these need a new, updated spot on our blog. If I were a breakfast person, these would be my go-to. I just have never really enjoyed eating a meal first thing in the morning, but I know so many people do. These are awesome for on the go or as a pre workout meal. You can prep 5 of these for the whole week no problem.
Let’s discuss the egg whites in these overnight oats real quick.
- You don’t taste them. At all.
- No, I don’t heat my overnight oats up in the morning. Eat them cold.
- They don’t make your oats a weird texture. You’ll never know they’re in there, promise. Well maybe unless you try microwaving them, but don’t do that.
- Pasteurized, liquid egg whites are completely safe to consume raw. Don’t crack open some eggs and use those egg whites, purchase liquid egg whites in the carton. I get them in bulk at Costco or Sam’s club but you can get them at any grocery store. They’re usually on the top shelf above the whole eggs.
- Use good tasting protein. If your protein powder is gross, your overnight oats will be gross. I love Clean Simple Eats brand. My favorite flavors are vanilla creme, mint cookie, fudge brownie, pumpkin pie, and eggnog. They have a ton of fun flavors. Save 10% with our code: stayfitmom.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
Depending on the flavor of protein I use, here are some of my favorite toppings. These will really level up your overnight oats experience and are a MUST. Throw them on the morning before you eat them so they aren’t soggy. Also keep in mind a little bit goes a long way.
- whip cream
- chopped nuts (I LOVE candied pecans)
- chia seeds (fiber!)
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- cocoa nibs
- graham crackers
- Powdered Peanut Butter
- Offbeat Butter (save 10% with stayfitmom)
- 1/3 cup old fashion oats(27g)
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (75g)
- 1/2 scoop (17g) protein powder
- Save 10% on all Clean Simple Eats flavors with my code: stayfitmom
- 3 drops liquid stevia*optional
- In a wide mouth mason jar or small container combine all ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy the next morning cold topped with fresh fruit, sprinkled with cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of powdered peanut butter, or even 1 tablespoon of coco powder.
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2||3.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.5||7.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7||8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
It’s always best to calculate your macros per serving using your exact ingredients.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.
Love overnight oats. I can’t wait to try your recipes!!
I am wondering if anyone else thinks these taste weird, or if it’s my ingredients. I have brand new Clean Simple eats protein powder, the egg white were bought and opened recently as was the chobani yogurt. my oats are older but are in a vacuum top container. I did not use the Stevia as it was sweet enough. I made the Key lime flavor but had not tried the protein in a smoothie, so thought it was the powder. I then made an egg nog one and it was less weird tasting but still not great.
Hi Tonya! Are you new to using a Stevia sweetened protein powder? I recently switch to CSE a few months ago because I wanted a natural sweetener, it took a little getting used to. It’s just a slightly different taste. I don’t even notice it now and love all their flavors. I’m willing to bet its the stevia.
Hi Krista, thank you for the response. I bought the CSE on your suggestion and have been drinking it everyday and loving it. I am drinking a shake with the key lime as we speak with almond milk and it is delicious, so it has to be one of my other ingredients. Gonna pick up fresh egg whites and oats and try again.
Oh good! I’m glad you love them. Maybe it was the oats after all? So strange. Keep me posted.