I feel like these need a new, updated spot on our blog. If I were a breakfast person, these would be my go-to. I just have never really enjoyed eating a meal first thing in the morning, but I know so many people do. These are awesome for on the go or as a pre workout meal. You can prep 5 of these for the whole week no problem.
Let’s discuss the egg whites in these overnight oats real quick.
- You don’t taste them. At all.
- No, I don’t heat my overnight oats up in the morning. Eat them cold.
- They don’t make your oats a weird texture. You’ll never know they’re in there, promise. Well maybe unless you try microwaving them, but don’t do that.
- Pasteurized, liquid egg whites are completely safe to consume raw. Don’t crack open some eggs and use those egg whites, purchase liquid egg whites in the carton. I get them in bulk at Costco or Sam’s club but you can get them at any grocery store. They’re usually on the top shelf above the whole eggs.
- Use good tasting protein. If your protein powder is gross, your overnight oats will be gross. I love Clean Simple Eats brand. My favorite flavors are vanilla creme, mint cookie, fudge brownie, pumpkin pie, and eggnog. They have a ton of fun flavors. Save 10% with our code: stayfitmom.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
Depending on the flavor of protein I use, here are some of my favorite toppings. These will really level up your overnight oats experience and are a MUST. Throw them on the morning before you eat them so they aren’t soggy. Also keep in mind a little bit goes a long way.
- whip cream
- chopped nuts (I LOVE candied pecans)
- chia seeds (fiber!)
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- cocoa nibs
- graham crackers
- Powdered Peanut Butter
- Offbeat Butter (save 10% with stayfitmom)
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.