If you live a full life, chances are there will be days when you are on the go ALL DAY LONG. If that’s the case, don’t you dare think your ONLY option is hitting up the drive thru or concession stand. You can hit your macros just fine living out of a cooler. Today, we’re bringing you our favorite on-the-go food storage gadgets as well as our favorite on-the-go recipes for hitting your macros out of a cooler all day.
You don’t NEED fancy food storage gadgets. When I asked our coaching staff what they were using to keep their food stored all day most responded with, “My kids lunch box!” Here’s a list of practical items that should do the trick.
On the go Meal Food Storage Items
- Protein Shaker Cup
- Water Bottle Jug
- Lunch Box big enough to fit all your food containers
- Ice packs
- Food storage containers of your choice (glassware or plastic)
Click HERE to grab the links for these items.
Next up is food/drink/recipe ideas.
- Pack your protein powder/ protein drink. It’s extremely portable and a great way to hit your protein goals with ease. We’ve been loving Fairlife because of its convenience, taste and great macros!
- Water, water, water. Click HERE to read about the importance of hitting your water goals for overall health (including fat loss)! Pack your large water jug so that you’re prepared.
Grab and Go Cold food options:
- Italian Baguette Sandwiches
- Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Light Italian Summer Salad
- Copycat Bobbie Sandwich
- Overnight Oats
- Rotisserie Chicken or tuna (salads, sandwiches)
- Lunch meats
- String Cheese
Grab & Go foods that don’t need to be kept cold:
- Beef Jerky
- Protein Bars
- Peanut butter
Foods in a thermos:
Will packing your food for the day be more difficult than driving up and ordering? YES. Will it be worth it for your health and bank account in the short term and long term? YES!
Start prioritizing your nutrition RIGHT NOW and watch your body reap the benefits.