Are you ready to take part in our weekly workout challenge? If you are, make sure to take a picture and tag us @StayFitMom_com and @StayFitMomBlog on Instagram and use hashtag #SFMWeeklyWorkout! We love to see you all doing our workouts!
10 Min. A.M.R.A.P of:
- 10 Overhead Presses
- 10 Alternating Reverse Lunges
- 10 Burpees
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This will be at no additional cost to you.
This is an A.M.R.A.P. workout which means you will be repeating the workout continually until the 10 minutes are up. Each set of 10 overhead presses, 10 alternating reverse lunges, and 10 burps is one round. You will complete as many rounds as you can. Remember, this is only a 10 minute workout so push yourself and keep that heart rate up for the full 10 min! Good luck!
- Timer (We frequently use the MYWOD app and recommend it to our readers. You can keep track of your workouts, they’ve got How To videos, and of course the app has great timers.)
- Dumbbells – I suggest 8-20lbs. I used my 20lb dumbbells for this workout. If you don’t have any dumbbells, get creative and use something you can find around the house.
- Yoga Mat– Obviously this isn’t absolutely necessary, but makes for a more comfortable burpee.
Modification Options: Be sure to modify this workout to your ability level if needed. See below for more modification suggestions.
When doing overhead presses, start with the weights just above your shoulders. Press the weights straight up about your head until your elbows lock. If at a certain point you can’t press the weights any longer, lower the weight or eliminate the weights altogether.
For the lunges, start in the standing position with dumbbells at your sides. Step back with one foot at a time and squat down until your knee touches the ground. Return to the top and do the opposite leg. As with the presses, lower or eliminate the weights if needed.
Burpees can be done in 4 simple steps:
1. Squat down and put both hands on the ground between your feet.
2. Jump your feet back and lay on the ground.
3. Jump your feet back up to your hands.
4. Jump up and clap your hands above your head.
Here is a great burpee DEMO from Iron Man:
If you get too tired during the burpees and you can’t jump down and up, step. Like I said before, this is only a 10 minute workout so you should always be moving!
Did you catch last week’s SFM weekly workout?
Check the Work Out page of our website for more at home workouts!