My kids and Chad go crazy for Sloppy Joes. Honestly, I love them too. I especially love how easy they are to throw together on a busy weeknight. You most likely have all these ingredients at home. These are a must try!
I love a mild kick so these include a can of diced green chilies. If you really like spicy (my kids don’t) sub some diced jalapeño. I bet they would be fantastic!
I grabbed these rolls at my grocery store for fun. You could use the Hawaiian rolls and bake them on a sheet pan for a large crowd (yum!!). We typically just buy some whole wheat hamburger buns. Those just don’t make for very pretty pictures like these rolls do.
Dress them up a bit with some pickled onions and sour cream. You wont be disappointed you did. Let us know if you try them! Grab the recipe below!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (96/4)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 medium onion, diced (200g)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounce can diced green chilies
- Over medium heat cook meat. Drain fat once cooked.
- Add in your onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and let it simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Enjoy on your favorite bun with sour cream and pickled onions (my fave!).
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.6||4.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.7||3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Find in MyFitnessPal by searching Stay Fit Mom Sloppy Joes.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Kristaand @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Does the nutrition count the buns or no?
No, the bun is not calculated in so you can use your own. 👍🏻
how is sodium value still 0 when you throw in a teaspoon of salt ?
Hi! I don’t track or calculate sodium content of my recipes. Sorry!