This fun new recipe will hit the spot for both you and your kids! These wannabe ice cream sandwiches are the REAL DEAL, I assure you. These low calorie ice cream sandwiches are made with 2 easy to find ingredients, are less than 20 carbohydrates, and only 1.5 grams of fat each! The only bad news is you’ll have a hard time eating just one.
These can be made and enjoyed within the hour, which is great! They can also be stored in the freezer for up to 4 weeks (mine NEVER last that long). I keep them in little snack size ziplock baggies so I can just grab one out when the kids or I want one. Notice my favorite flavor Halo Top right next to them! If you haven’t tried Halo Top yet you NEED to. I’ve tried other brands of fake ice cream before and they taste like nothing, but I assure you Halo Top is delicious!! Go here to check it out and find some near you.
Back to the ice cream sandwiches…these are super easy to make, here is what you need!
That’s it! Just pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before you eat them! I actually prefer to wait until the next day, just because the graham crackers soften a bit more and it reminds me of actual ice cream sandwiches.
Gone are the days of, “I can’t have that because it’s got gluten in it”, or “That has too many carbs”. If I want something, I eat it and I deduct it from my macros for the day. Since counting macros I have so much more food freedom and no guilt about anything I eat, EVER. I still like to make the most of my macros for the day so macro friendly treats like this are really easy to fit into my day. I can easily enjoy dessert with my kids when I have these in my freezer!
- 8 Graham Cracker Sheets
- 8oz. Fat Free Whipped Topping
- Break graham cracker sheets in half and place 8 graham cracker squares on a flat surface that can be transported into the freezer (like a small cookie sheet).
- Put 1/4 cup of whipped topping on each graham cracker.
- Place the other half of each graham cracker on top of whipped cream and press down gently.
- Scrap the sides of the crackers with a butter knife to evenly distribute whipped topping (not completely necessary)
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5||2.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber .5||2%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like: