This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #V8LlenodeSabor #CollectiveBias
After a holiday season loaded with naughty food choices, a lot of us are feeling anxious to get back on track with both our food and our workouts. Today, we’ve teamed up with V8® Veggie Blends from Wal-Mart to give you a few tips to do just that!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with indulging in life’s pleasures every once in a while, especially during the holidays, but what keeps me steadfast in my journey for health and fitness, is the ability to recognize when it’s time for a reboot. After pancakes, pies, and casseroles galore, my body was feeling the effects of a diet high in sugar and lacking in vegetables.
After Christmas I made a commitment to start fresh. I love a new beginning. What major changes have I made? I’ve eliminated sugar, dairy, and gluten for a 30 days. I’ve traded lasagna and baked ziti for lean meats and vegetables. I’m seven days in and I already feel 1000% better.
Whether you’re making drastic changes to your diet or you’re looking for small ways to live a healthier life this year, let these three tips guide you to your best self in 2016.
3 Tips to Reboot From Your Holiday Binge
- Recognize when your food choices are becoming out of control, commit to change, and don’t look back. Are you deciding what you’re having for dinner 10 minutes before it’s dinner time? Are you letting your toddlers win every time they demand chicken nuggets? Have you completely lost the ability to say, “No” to treats offered at every office meeting or play date? Reaching for the chocolate during your kids’ nap time? This may sound cliché, but admitting you have a problem is step one. Step two: Make a commitment to yourself that you WILL keep. Get support from your friends and family so they can help you along the way! Step 3: Don’t look back. You’re not missing anything and the healthy lifestyle in front of you is worth far more than the cookie you see at your office party.
- Add lean meats, lots of vegetables, fruit and nuts to your diet. Replace sugar and simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates. One simple way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet is by adding a drink of V8® Veggie Blends; delicious blends of vegetables with a touch of fruit from V8®. These healthy beverages contain 75% juice, 1 full serving of vegetables per 8oz serving, and are an excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, & E. There is NO sugar added, NO preservatives, and NO artificial colors or flavors. It’s a perfect healthy beverage for the whole family. You can purchase V8® Veggie Blends at Wal-Mart in the juice aisle.
- Find a workout plan that works for you. I am FAR more likely to stick to a healthy diet, if I can pair it up with exercise. Stay Fit Mom offers workouts each week you can do from home with little to no equipment! Try this simple workout at home to get your heart rate up and metabolism moving!
40 seconds of work; 20 seconds of rest
- 10 meter shuttle run
- Keep track of your time using a watch or a Timer. (We frequently use the MYWOD app and recommend it to our readers. You can keep track of your workouts, they’ve got How To videos, and of course the app has great timers.)
- Yoga Mat (if desired for plank)
- Cones or markers to mark off 10 meters for your shuttle run.
- Be sure to modify this at home workout to your ability level. Do your best to continue to work for the entire 40 seconds. If you need to shorten to 30 seconds of work, 30 seconds of rest, go ahead!
At the start of the timer, begin with lunges. Continue to lunge for the full 40 seconds. Once you’ve hit 40 seconds, rest for the remainder of the minute. After 20 seconds of rest, move onto your 10 meter shuttle run. Be sure you have 10 meters marked, so you know exactly what distance to run. Continue to shuttle run until you’ve reached the full 40 seconds. Rest for the remaining 20 seconds. Finally get into plank position and plank for 40 seconds. If you needs to break it up into 2 sets of 20, go ahead and do so, but be sure to move on after the minute. When you finish your plank, you will return back to lunges, and then the shuttle run, and the plank again. One round consists of the lunges, shuttle run, and plank. You should complete 7 rounds total. Total time for this workout should be 21 minutes.
After you’ve completed your workout, pour yourself a delicious glass of V8® Veggie Blends from Wal-Mart. They come in 5 new flavors; Carrot Mango, Mandarin Orange Kiwi, Healthy Greens, Golden Goodness, Purple Power. My personal favorite is the Mandarin Orange Kiwi. The flavor is delicious and the ingredient list is amazing.
Let us know what you’ve changes you’ve made in your diet this New Year in the comments below or on our Facebook Page where we love getting personal. Good luck and remember we want to see how you did on this week’s workout! Take a picture and tag us @StayFitMom_com and @StayFitMomBlog on Instagram and use hashtag #SFMWeeklyWorkout!
Committed to starting fresh this year? Have you seen our 31 Day At Home CrossFit Workout Plan?