If you want to dress up taco night just a tad, throw this copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice on the menu. I swear it’s so easy to make and everyone will be highly impressed. All you need to grab at the grocery store for this fancy rice is some limes, onion, cilantro, and chicken broth!
Copycat Cafe Rio recipes are nothing new around here. You can find the lightened up copycat dressing here and the shredded chicken and taco bowl are in the cookbook. They all seem to be a hit!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
A few quick notes about this recipe!
- I use my favorite Amazon Basics cast iron pot for this rice and it’s perfect. Any large pot with a lid will work.
- Rinse your rice well before use! I won’t even tell you how many years I went before realizing this was a necessary step.
- I don’t suggest making this in the Instant Pot because rice tends to be a little sticky when you do so.
- If you don’t have chicken broth on hand just use water and a bouillon cube if you have one.
- You can find this recipe and most other Stay Fit Mom recipes in MyFitnessPal, just search Stay Fit Mom followed by the recipe name.
- 2 cups rice (any rice)
- 32 ounce chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- handful cilantro
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes
- Over medium high heat warm up your butter and olive oil.
- Add you garlic, onions, and rice and cook until rice begins to toast (turn brown) and onions are translucent.
- In a blender, pulse together your broth, cilantro, green chiles, salt, and the zest of both limes.
- Add your broth mixture to the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, fluff with a fork, and squeeze fresh lime juice over the rice (I usually do 1 lime).
- Add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.7||1.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.4||7.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Log in MyFitness Pal by searching Stay Fit Mom Copycate Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Do you put the onions in the blender too? I’m missing onions step! Thanks! Can’t wait to make this!
Oops! Onions go in with the rice! I’ll have to update that. Thanks!
Does this recipe really make 14 servings? I thought 2 C of uncooked rice made 4 C of cooked rice which would make 8 servings? (1/2 C serving or 100gms)
(We are making this for 300 so I really need accuracy)
Hi! Yes, this should be accurate. I always weigh all the food once cooked. Typically rice triples in weight once cooked, plus this has other ingredients in it. However if serving, I would say that most people are going to scoop up more than 100g. 100g isn’t quite a full 1/2 cup. I would assume each person would be closer to 150g. Hope this helps.