I hated green beans growing up. I lie, I still hate green beans. But if you cook them in bacon grease and butter…OMG. This is amazing paired with some fish or any other lean meat. Let’s be honest, these green beans are not low fat, but they are still Paleo, Whole 30 compliant, and full of flavor!
Scroll to bottom of page for recipe.
If you liked this post, you may also like our Roasted Veggie Medley
or our Roasted Cauliflower Rice
and our No Fail Homemade Mayo.
Follow us @stayfitmomblog and @stayfitmom_com on Instagram and on our Facebook page where we love getting personal. You can also subscribe to Stay Fit Mom for healthy recipes, workouts, and most of all inspiration and encouragement!
The products and information listed in this post are to the best of our knowledge. We share with our readers what has been successful for us in our own lives. Visit Whole30.com for full nutritional guide to ensure the products and food you consume are compliant.
- 2lbs raw green beans
- 1 16oz pkg of bacon (sugar free for Whole 30 compliant)
- 5.5 oz green onions
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 Tbsp of bacon grease
- Sea Salt
- 1. Brown and crisp bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon from pot and reserve for later. Leave about 2 Tbsp of bacon grease in skillet.
- 2. Add raw green beans, butter, salt, and pepper. Cook until almost done.
- 3. Add cut green onions and cook until the green beans and onions are soft.
- 4. Add bacon back in and serve immediately!