July is my month people!! Did you know that July is Ice Cream Month!? As if anyone needs an excuse to enjoy more ice cream, am I right? I’m no stranger to fitting ice cream in my macros on a regular basis, and Swell, The Next Wave of Ice Cream, makes it so easy! Did you know that Swell Ice Cream has more protein per serving than any other better-for-you ice cream out there?! Every single flavor they offer has 10g per 1/2 cup serving, and less than 2.5g of fat! I just CAN’T STOP SHOUTING ABOUT THIS!! My favorite way to eat Swell Ice Cream is on top of this warm, fresh, berry mug cake cobbler!
The Vanilla Bean flavor is magical with this berry mug cake recipe. I always grab a few flavors from my local Smith’s. You can find Swell Ice Cream all over the U.S. To find a location near you, use the location finder >> HERE. The hub’s favorite flavor is Mint Chip, duh. I also love the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Crunch. This summer has been so fantastic you guys. My hubby and I snuck off to Salt Lake City, UT for almost a week in June, we recently went to Lava Hot Springs, ID with my family, then to my brother-in-law’s grandparent’s beautiful cabin in Mammoth, UT, and we’re now flirting with the idea of sneaking in a quick trip to the beach with the kids before the school year starts. For us, summer means travel as much as we can, enjoy all the things, and Crossfit our hearts out when we are in town. I’d say we’re doing a pretty good job of it all so far.
Now on to this lovely berry mug cake cobbler recipe and the details about the macros! I always set aside a good amount of carbs for the end of the day. These summer days are sometimes long, and I love nothing more than treating myself to some dessert as a reward for surviving and working hard. The macros for just the cake are very reasonable in my opinion, especially for a cake! Macros for just the cake: p9.7 c40.9 f2.3. Macros for 1/2 cup Swell Vanilla Bean: p10 c19 f1.5. I love topping this cake with 1-2 tablespoons of walnuts (depending on how much fat I have to spare), defrosted blueberry “juice”, and sometimes some whip cream! If you give this recipe a try, please let me know!
- 1/4 cup Old Fashion Oats (steel cut work also)
- 1/2 cup Pancake Mix (I used Kodiak Cakes)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Frozen or Fresh Berries (I used frozen blueberries and fresh blackberries)
- 1/3 cup water
- Mix together oats, pancake mix, baking powder & water.
- Swirl in 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and half the cinnamon.
- Place the berries on top and gently push them down into the batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Microwave for about 1:30, or until it looks cooked around the edges.
- Top with Swell, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, some defrosted berry juice, and Walnuts.
Macros listed are for the mug cake only, not the ice cream or toppings. To log in MyFitnessPal simply search Stay Fit Mom Berry Mug Cake.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.3||3.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.9||13.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6||24%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Swell Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!