You guys, I put my two older boys in summer preschool because I Could. Not. Take. It. Any. Longer. 115 degree heat, two high energy boys, and 678 fights per day was more than enough reasoning to make the splurge. Now the YMCA is officially responsible for 3 hours of my daily joy. I’m thinking about starting a countdown chain link to
Christmas, I mean, kindergarten. Too much?
While the boys have been in summer preschool, I’ve had the opportunity to start lifting 3 days a week in addition to the metcons, and I’m loving it. Just me and my little guy are doing a lot of hanging out at CrossFit together, and it’s been kind of wonderful to focus on my journey towards a post baby body.
We’ve got some burpees for you in this week’s SFM Weekly Workout Challenge. And just so you know, I really hate burpees, but I also think they’re pretty effective.
12 Minute Ascending Ladder:
- 1 Burpee
- 1 Dumbbell Snatch (each arm)
- 2 Burpees
- 2 Dumbbell Snatch (each arm)
- 3 Burpees
- 3 Dumbbell Snatch (each arms
- Continue adding one repetition to each movement until the 12 minute clock runs out.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
- Keep track of your time using a watch or a Timer. (We frequently use the MYWOD app and recommend it to our readers. You can keep track of your workouts, they’ve got How To videos, and of course the app has great timers.) Set your timer to go off every minute, so you know when to begin your next set of jumps.
- Be sure to modify this at home workout to your ability level. Use a dumbbell weight that will be challenging, but manageable for the duration of the 12 minutes. Remember you begin with 1 repetition, but by the end of the ladder you will be doing quite a bit!
Set your timer for 12 minutes. At the start of the timer complete 1 burpee and 1 dumbbell snatch (on each arm). Next, do 2 dumbbell snatch (on each arm) and 2 burpees, next 3 dumbbell snatch (on each arm) and 3 burpees. Continue to add one repetition on to each movement until your 12 minute timer runs out. Push your self hard and see how far up the ladder you get!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Use code: weeklyworkout and save $5 on our 6 Week At Home Workout Program
Did you catch last week’s 20 Minute AMRAP Box Workout?