I’ve been loving this copycat Cafe Rio Ranch Dressing on everything lately! I used to be lazy and just go buy it at Cafe Rio, but I’ve found that making it myself is cheaper, and is about half the calories. My mom is the queen of this stuff to be honest and she pointed me in the right direction when it came to making it. A couple weeks ago she sent me home with some of her dressing and I finally decided I needed to just make my own already. Today you’re going to get the recipe for yourself along with this easy grilled chicken sandwich that it’s delicious on!
Before I even knew you could buy a pint of Cafe Rio’s dressing, I used to save my leftovers when we went to put on my meals at home. I love this dressing on salads (obviously), tacos, fried egg sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, and plain old turkey sandwiches. What’s great is a little goes a long way, so I typically only use about half a serving (0.5 oz) on my sandwich.
- 1 cup light mayo
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 2 medium tomatillos
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium jalapeno (seeds removed)
- The juice of 1/2 lime (or 1/2 teaspoon lime juice)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and store in an airtight container.
- Store up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Find this and many other Stay Fit Mom recipes in MyFitnessPal. Just search Stay Fit Mom Cafe Rio Dressing to log this!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.2||4.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.6||0.9%|
|Dietary Fiber .2||0.8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Now here’s the skinny on the Grilled Chicken Sandwich if it’s not obvious:
1 Ciabatta Roll (Walmart-these are the best, trust me! Macros per roll: P7 C39 F1)
1 Large Grilled Chicken Breast
1 oz. of the Cafe Rio Ranch dressing above
- Mix dressing and lettuce and put on one side of the ciabatta roll.
- Assemble all other ingredients on sandwich.
Macros for sandwich using 7oz chicken breast: P44 C46.4 F8.7 (428 calories)- Find the sandwich in MFP, just search Stay Fit Mom Grilled Chicken Sandwich!
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Other SFM recipes you might like: