I’m all about quick and easy recipes I can throw in the slow cooker before work or in the Instant Pot after. As much as I wanted this Greek Shredded Chicken to be one you can spur of the moment decide to make, I’ve found marinating the chicken overnight is a MUST. Dairy tenderizes meat so well so DO NOT skip this step.
My kids have been requesting this chicken in their quesadillas for 2 weeks now as I’ve been testing this recipe out. I must admit, it’s awesome in quesadillas. I love adding a little extra Greek yogurt in mine as well.
Next week I’ll be releasing a Creamy Chicken Enchiladas recipe for our Ninja Insider members!!
If you’re not a member of our exclusive Facebook group yet you’re missing out! New weekly recipes, fun challenges, live videos, macro nutrition support, and lots of amazing ladies! Take a look at all the details here!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (defrosted)
- for the marinade
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh if you have it)
- 3 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- for after cooking
- 1 tablespoon plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- I a gallon size ziplock bag place your chicken breast and marinade ingredients.
- Marinade overnight or 6-10 hours in the fridge. (Do not exceed 10 hours, you will have mush)
- Place ingredients in your slow cooker on low 6-8 hours or high 4.
- If using an Instant pot add 1/2 cup water, set pressure to high for 15 minutes, and quick release when finished.
- Remove chicken from liquid and shred.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Enjoy!
Greek Shredded Chicken
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5||3.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate .9||0%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Have you ever frozen the leftover chicken after it’s cooked?
All the time. Put in an airtight bag and it will last for several months in the freezer.
Do you put the shredded chicken back in the liquid and mix with the Greek yogurt & Cream cheese? Or just dump the liquid, and mix the shredded chicken with Greek yogurt & cream cheese?
No, I don’t add it back in with ALL the liquid. I do like to reserve some of it for the chicken to soak up though. I’d estimate about 1/4 – 1/2 cup.
I kept the chicken in the crockpot and just shredded it all up with the juices. It was DELICIOUS!!! I also used boneless skinless thighs because that’s what I had on hand.