This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FallGlamping #Glamping
I fell in love with camping the moment we got to our campsite and the boys self entertained themselves for an entire weekend. Being a mother of boys is exhausting. We use the words, “NO,” “Don’t break that,” and “How did you manage this path of destruction,” about every 3 seconds when we’re at home. When we camp those words get just a little bit of a hiatus. I love that the boys can get as dirty as their little hearts desire. I love seeing their imaginations run wild as they build secret hideouts, dig for treasure, and explore new adventures. All of that happens, while I simultaneously soak up the beauty this world has to offer. We go on hikes, we fish, we ride our bikes, and we RELAX!
We started where most campers start, with a “4-person tent” that was really only big enough for 2 people, and little to nothing in terms of camp essentials. BUT the more we camp, the better we get! Chris and I walk the campgrounds just about every trip to check out ideas from other campers, and over time we have learned to make our camp site a home away from home!
If you’re thinking glamping sounds overwhelming and over the top, I’m here to tell you it’s MUCH easier than you might imagine. I got just about everything for our glamping experience from either our home or Walmart!
- The Rug: Each time we go camping I always see families cuddled around the fire spread out over a large rug. A rug can turn the average dirt camp site into your living room! I love the homey feel I get and the kids LOVE to spread out over the rug with their toys.
- Twinkler Lights: Not only are twinklers beautiful, but for camping they’re extremely functional! One of the things I love about camping is watching those stars light up during the night. BUT it’s extremely dark, and lighting up the table for dinner really turns a dark night into a cozy dinner with your family!
- Table Decor & Other Decorations: I’m not talking about setting the table for a wedding by any means, but you will be shocked at how much a simple tablecloth can add to your glamping experience. This time around we also brought some simple decorations I had lying around at home; left over pumpkins from Halloween, left over paper plates and napkins from our last birthday party, and a few candles. The boys couldn’t wait to sit down for dinner! We also picked up the adorable throw pillows with ‘I Love You’ and ‘Count Your Blessings’ pictured here at Walmart! Just one more way to turn your camp site into a cozy home.
- Dinner and Dessert! I’ve got good news for you, glamping doesn’t require a 5 course meal that takes hours of preparation. In fact, we are fans of simple, easy, and convenient when we head out for another camp trip. Freschetta® pizzas are great options for camping with a family! My kids love that Freschetta® pizzas are topped with the most premium ingredients including sauce made from real tomatoes and 100% real cheese. Freschetta® Naturally Rising pizzas are an excellent option that you also might want to try!
Making this dinner right over the grate on the camp fire is so simple and it’s ready in minutes! At this point my husband is an expert at the perfect grill fire. You don’t want the flames high above the fire pit, but smoldering (as shown below). We placed the frozen Freschetta® pizza on a cookie sheet and covered it with another cookie sheet to trap the heat. In just about 14 minutes the cheese was bubbling over and the crust was a perfect golden brown.
- Additional Outdoor Grill Instructions (Instructions not on package)
- For food safety and quality, cook to an internal temperature of 160ºF
- Keep pizza frozen prior to grilling or baking
- Do not eat pizza without grilling or cooking
- Remove pizza from box, overwrap and cardboard
You can pair your Freschetta® pizza with this Easy Italian Salad!
No glamping trip would be complete without smores! This year we added a little twist onto our traditional smores and we loved it! Instead of using the normal chocolate bars, we used peanut butter cups! This worked out great because we just brought our left over Halloween candy on our glamping trip! Roast those marshmallows over that perfectly smoldering fire that you used while cooking your pizza and get your chocolate and Honey Maid graham crackers ready! Your taste buds will really love this little twist on the traditional smore recipe!
Peanut Butter Cup Smore
- Honey Maid graham crackers
- Peanut butter cup or halloween candy of your choosing!
- Unwrap your Halloween candy and place on top of Honey Maid graham cracker.
- Roast your marshmallows over a smoldering fire.
- Place roasted marshmallow in between Honey Maid graham crackers.
5. The People You Love. Nothing makes my heart happier than spending time with the people who matter most to me. I know that the memories we make around the camp fire will be the ones that we will treasure for years to come.
Not only is camping an opportunity to see the world, but it’s the cheapest way to vacation as a family. We have had the opportunity to take our boys on so many adventures. This time we headed to the beach in San Clemente with cousins.
If that view doesn’t say glamping, I don’t know what does.
Boy, did I hit the jackpot in the family department. Pictured above from left to right, me, my mother-in-law, my mom, and my sister-in-law, and in the bottom row Siege (age 5), Sagan (age 2), Milo (age 3), and Zoa (age 4).
Do you camp? What’s your favorite way to make memories with your family? Let us know in the comments below or join our conversation on our Facebook page where we love getting personal. Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
If you liked this post you might also like Healthy Camp Essentials .