I have always been team meal prep. I was a teacher for 1o years and I can’t think of very many times I went to work without my lunch packed. Prepping some or all of your meals will save you money, time, and a whole lot of headache. I’ve got plenty of single serve meal prep ideas below to get you started. Utilize them for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
I started sharing more meal prep videos on TikTok and Instagram Reels last year and they have been a huge hit. Let me quickly answer the most common questions I get about my meal prep recipes:
- Do you eat these meals for 5 days in a row? Is it safe? Yes. I prefer to make 5 meals on Sunday to last me the work week, Monday through Friday. Keep your prepared meals in an airtight container and you have nothing to worry about.
- Can you really eat the same thing 5 days in a row without getting sick of it? Yes. If you’re making delicious meals you enjoy, you won’t get sick of them. If you’re tracking your macros and have goals, consistency makes it a whole lot easier. Another option is to prep multiple meals and mix and match. Freeze extras for the following week.
- Can I freeze extra meals? Absolutely. I freeze any and everything. If freezing a meal with pasta, just make sure to defrost it slowly and don’t stir until it’s warmed up or you’ll have mashed up noodles.
- Where do you get your plastic meal prep containers? I like these reusable plastic containers because they stack well and hold up for several months at a time.
- Where do you get your glass containers? I typically find mine for a bargain ($4.99 – $7.99 each) at Ross, TJ Max, or Home Goods. You won’t always find 5 matching containers though. If you prefer to have matching ones, you can get them on Amazon. I have these by Anchor.
- Are the glass containers oven safe? Make sure the ones you pick say so on the label. Most the ones I see at the store are. Just make sure if you ever freeze your containers you let them defrost a few hours before you throw them in the microwave.
- Where did you get the veggie chopper? It’s from Amazon and you’ll find it right here. It’s one of my favorite ways to save time when prepping food.
- Are the macros in MyFitnessPal? Yes. Just like all my other recipes, you’ll find them by searching the food database for, “Stay Fit Mom” followed by the recipe name. Example: “Stay Fit Mom Single Serve Enchiladas” or “Stay Fit Mom Mini Meatloaf.”
- Do you have a single serve meal prep cookbook? Not yet. I’ll let you in on a secret though: Most my single serve meal prep ideas are recipes right from my cookbooks.
Single Serve Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes:
Single Serve Meal Prep Lunch or Dinner Recipes:
- Single Serve Enchiladas
- Single Serve Chicken Pot Pie
- Single Serve Spaghetti Casserole
- Greek Pita Bowls
- Mini Meatloaf Meal Prep
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- Burrito Bowls Meal Prep
- Japanese Curry Meal Prep
- Single Serve Dump Lasagna
- Sesame Orange Chicken Bowls
- Korean Ground Turkey Bowls
I hope you love these recipes as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make anything! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot. I’ll try to keep this blog post updated but be sure to check my TikTok & Instagram for the newest meal prep recipes.