Your new favorite chicken recipe is here! Hot honey chicken is a mouth watering chicken you can make any night of the week. BBQ, bake, pan fry, or air fry this hot honey chicken to perfection! This is in cookbook 3, Easy Macro Meals, and has been a big hit!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
What should I serve this with?
Great questions! This pairs really well with some corn mixed in, or over a bed of vegetables, potatoes, or rice. Get creative!
Can I sub in chicken breast instead of thighs?
Yes, of course! The macros will change slightly, but only less about 2 grams of fat per serving. If you’re not trying to bank some extra fats for later, I highly suggest sticking with the thighs. They have so much great flavor and the fat will BBQ right off.
Do I have to use a meat thermometer?
The best way to insure your chicken is cooked safely, no matter which cooking method you use, is to use a meat thermometer. It will also prevent you from making dry, over cooked chicken. Thermometers are simple to use (I promise!) and very affordable. I like and have all of these:
Meat Thermometer Pictured on Amazon
I have this $20 Wireless one from Walmart
The new MEATER Plus is wireless and syncs with your phone. We recently got this one.
As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe when you make it in your own home. Tag me on Instagram if you’re into that! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot. Thank you!
- 40 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup honey (84 g)
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Place the chicken on a cookie sheet and season with salt, pepper, garlic & red pepper flakes on all sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey and hot sauce. Set aside a few tablespoons of the sauce to pour on chicken once it’s cooked.
- Grill your meat on high for 8–10 minutes per side, occasionally basting it with the sauce. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. If using the oven, bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Once you’re finished grilling, slice the chicken and drizzle the extra sauce over the top.
Hot Honey Chicken
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.7||12.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.2||2.7%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
As always find my recipes in Myfitnesspal by searching the food database for, “Stay Fit Mom Hot Honey Chicken.”
So would you just recommend serving this with some rice and veggies? Or what would be a good option to have with it? Thanks!
Nevermind, for some reason the top section hadn’t loaded so I see those recommendations in there now 🤣 If you have anything specific to add I’d love to hear it though! Thank you!
Oh great! I was going to say I remember adding ideas above because I predicted I’d have people wondering. Enjoy, this is a good one.
What are the air frying recommendations?