If you need a veggie side dish for the holidays, I highly recommend this Cauliflower Au Gratin. This is a beautiful dish, sure to wow your family and guests. Tracy told me this is one of her favorites to make!
If you’re in need of some macro calculated side dish recipes for the upcoming holidays, here are some of my favorites you’ll find in cookbook 3, Easy Macro Meals:
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- Greenbean Casserole
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
What does au gratin mean?
It simply means sprinkled with breadcrumbs or grated cheese, or both, and browned.
This creamy, cheesy dish is so good. I highly recommend using Swiss cheese off the block, or, a great substitute I think would work well for this one is, “Parmigiano-Reggiano.”
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make it! I absolutely love seeing you guys making my recipes and sharing, it means a lot.
- 32 ounces cauliflower (I used the frozen, microwaveable packs from Costco)
- 5 ounces trimmed asparagus
- 4 ounces cubed ham
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk (2%)
- 6 light Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- small pinch of paprika
- Steam your cauliflower or cook it in the microwave according to package directions. Dump into a lightly greased casserole dish (9X13) when it’s finished and set aside.
- Cook the asparagus in salted, boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Strain and add to the cauliflower in the casserole dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt your butter. Add your garlic and let it simmer 20-30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and then add the cheese wedges. It will be very clumpy. Let it warm up and start to melt 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly start whisking in your milk. Bring it to a boil and stir continuously until thickened(3-5 minutes). Add in the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dump the cream sauce over your veggies in the casserole dish. Add the ham and mix well.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the Swiss cheese over the top.
- Broil on hi for 4-5 minutes, or until the top is crispy.
Cauliflower Au Gratin
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.1||9.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10||3.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5||8%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Search MyFitnessPal app or MacrosFirst app for, “Stay Fit Mom Cauliflower Au Gratin” to log in your food diary.