This vegetable lasagna is so simple to throw together you guys! You don’t even have to precook the noodles! What?! For whatever reason I have put off making a lasagna recipe because it just seemed like too much work. Boy was I wrong! You guys will love this and it’s for sure getting a spot in the next cookbook!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
I choose to make this vegetable lasagna with Banza chickpea pasta because it’s packed with extra protein the traditional pasta doesn’t have. Bonus: it’s also gluten free! You can find Banza pasta at most grocery stores. But, you can substitute any lasagna noodles in you like. If you’re a macro nutrition counter, the macros will be different. Keep that in mind.
You will need to do some sautéing of vegetables and use an extra mixing bowl for this recipe, but I swear it’s easy. You’ll have a vegetable and sauce layer, a noodle layer, and a cheese layer. Repeat layers a few times and throw it in the oven!
The cheesy layer I like to spread on top of the noodles as best I can so it’s even.
- ½ teaspoon EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion (120g)
- 1 large zucchini squash, chopped (215g)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (180g)
- .6 oz bag baby spinach, roughly chop (170g)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 4 ½ cups marinara sauce (I used 1.5 jars of Trader Joe’s organic. Macros per serving: 1p/8c/2f so anything similar works great)
- 9 oz. pkg. Banza Chickpea Lasagna
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg, cottage cheese, ricotta, parmesan, and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Over medium heat heat up you EVOO. Toss in garlic and let simmer about 30 seconds. Add in onions, peppers, and zucchini. Saute until tender, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add in marinara sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a 9X13 casserole dish start layering your lasagna. Start with the vegetable sauce mix, then top with 3 lasagna noodles, and then spread on some of the cheese mixture. Repeat 3-4 times using all your ingredients. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 40 mins. Remove foil and cook another 10 minutes.
To log in Myfitnesspal, search Stay Fit Mom Vegetable Lasagna
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.8||19.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.2||8.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3||17.2%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!