A question we get from a lot of women is: “What should I be eating before or after my workout?” Today I am going to share a great pre or post workout meal idea with you using AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites along with another #SFMWeeklyWorkout! We are also teaming up with @AllWhitesEggs for a fun giveaway, see details below!
It’s spring break for us in Las Vegas so that means family vacation time and lots of equipment free workouts! Whether you’re on vacation like me, or just looking for an equipment free workout to do at home, you don’t want to spend a whole lot of time doing it. This workout is only 15 minutes and seems easy enough, but by the time you’re finished you’ll have completed 75 squats, 75 push-ups, and 75 sit-ups! Say what!?
15 Minute E.M.O.M.:
- 5 Air Squats
- 5 Push-ups
- 5 Sit-ups
- Keep track of your time using a watch or a Timer. (We frequently use the MYWOD app and recommend it to our readers. You can keep track of your workouts, they’ve got “How-To” videos, and of course the app has great timers.)
- Be sure to modify this at home workout to your ability level. If you can’t do push-ups, try modifying them using our suggests found here.
Now lets discuss what you should be eating before or after this workout. We have covered this in greater detail before, but lets review. We recommend eating a 1:1 ratio of protein and carbohydrates, with little to no fat, 60-90 minutes before your workout. You also want you to eat a 1:1 ratio of protein and carbohydrates within 30 minutes of exercising. If you need a new idea, I love using @AllWhitesEggs because they are rich in protein, fat-free, safe to consume uncooked because they are pasteurized (think smoothies and dressings), and mostly because they are super convenient to always have on hand.
One of my favorite ways to use my @AllWhitesEggs is to mix them into some cream of wheat cereal. This is perfect to have for breakfast if you workout in the mornings or great treat post workout in the evenings. If you’re like me, you love high volume foods that leave you full and not looking for more food. This is a very filling meal that will fuel you for optimal performance during your workout or satisfy your hunger post workout. Here is what you need:
FYI: I use a cinnamon roll flavored protein powder and it is delicious! Use any flavor you desire. If using plain vanilla protein powder I suggest adding a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Okay, okay, here is how you make it:
And now let’s get to the fun part, a giveaway!!
Enter the giveaway by simply leaving a comment on this post!
One lucky winner will get a blender bottle (you never have enough of these!) and an awesome training mat that is perfect for home workouts! Thank you @AllWhitesEggs!
This post was sponsored by @AllWhitesEggs, all opinions are my own.
- 3 Tablespoons Cream of Wheat
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Protein Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In microwave safe dish cook cream of wheat and water for 1 minute on high.
- Stir in egg whites and cook for another minute on high.
- Stir in protein powder, honey, and vanilla and cook for another 30 seconds or until cereal is at the desired consistency.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.3||0.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us @stayfitmom_com and @stayfitmomblog on Instagram and on our Facebook page where we love getting personal. You can also subscribe to Stay Fit Mom for healthy recipes, workouts, and most of all inspiration and encouragement! We are on Pinterest and have lots of healthy recipes pinned!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.