I shared this on my Instagram stories last week and I got so many messages about how yummy it looked. This recipe is actually from my cookbook, Stay Fit Mom’s Favorite Recipes. If you’re like me and love to grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for easy meals, you’ve got to try this tortilla soup!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission that helps support our blog. This would be at no additional cost to you.
Once again this is a recipe my mom always made for my dad. I used to get so annoyed when this was for dinner so often, but now I understand why, it’s SO easy and SO good. What really makes this soup tasty is all the toppings. My usual toppings are cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, avocado, and tortilla strips.
Tortilla chips are for sure a must with this soup. You can buy some or fry your own of course. But it you’re looking to decrease the carbs or fat, try using a Cutdacarb (use code krista10 and save 10% on the 24 pack!) or Joseph’s Lavash Wrap (Amazon or Walmart, also you can freeze both!) to make your own. Slice into strips, throw in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes at 370 degrees F. I usually flip them around half way through and sometimes spray them with a little Pam and lightly salt them. They are awesome on top of this soup or on salads. Heck, you can make chips this same way too!
My new cookbook comes out Black Friday! I’m so excited to share more great macro friendly recipes with you all. If you’re like me, you love to have all your recipes in print and all in one place. Order your hard copies when it’s time here!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (Regular grocery store size. Meat pulled off of mine was 17 oz.)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions (140g)
- 10 oz. Can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 32 oz. Container Chicken Broth
- In soup pan over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and pulled chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20–30 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips or strips and other toppings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8||12.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3||2.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5||10%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!