If I had to choose a favorite cookie, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t. I can tell you this much, snickerdoodles are right there at the top of my list. I have been working hard to create the perfect grain free snickerdoodle. I’m pretty sure I’ve created The Best Paleo Snickerdoodles!!
I’ve made these a couple times already, and each time they haven’t lasted more than 24 hours. Made with almond flour and a little bit of coconut flour, these are the perfect amount of soft and chewy. You have got to make them for dessert tonight! I may have had 2 or 3 in one sitting with a glass of almond milk…
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission that helps support our blog. This would be at no additional cost to you.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (you can substitute coconut oil here, but I didn’t because I didn’t want the coconut flavor in these cookies)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- For the Sugar Topping:
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or food processor combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients and let sit 5-10 minutes. (the coconut flour will absorb the liquid and the dough will thicken up)
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Wet your fingers slightly and press cookies down a bit to make flat.
- Generously sprinkle sugar topping onto all the cookies.
- Bake approximately 8-10 min or until the top and edges of the cookies start to brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet 5-10 min before removing and placing on a wire rack.
- Enjoy a few with a tall glass of almond milk!
PRINTABLE VERSION BELOW
You may also like these delicious recipes: