Wouldn’t it be great if there was some magical pill, wrap, or powder that could cure us from cellulite while simultaneously getting rid of all of our unwanted body fat?
Of course it would, but chances are if you’re reading this post and have followed us for a while, you know we don’t do fake. We’re all about REAL results, but we also won’t tell you that it’s a walk in the park.
Supplements are NOT a shortcut to goals in pill or powder form, they are used to supplement (hence the word) a GOOD nutritional program.
If you’re ready to try Macro Counting, we want to help!
Stay Fit Mom specializes in Macro Prescriptions tailored to YOUR lifestyle. We base your UNIQUE prescription on current caloric intake, goals, training schedule, emotional relationship with food, and stage of life for maximum RESULTS.
That all being said, the supplements listed below are the ones we most commonly use and recommend. Click on the highlighted link to be directed to Amazon for specific brand recommendations.
These are affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
- Multivitamin: Even if you had the best diet in the world, you wouldn’t be getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs each day. Multivitamins help fill in those nutritional gaps.
- Vitamin D3 2000 iu Most men and women in the U.S. are deficient in both Vitamin D & Magnesium. Vitamin D helps to strengthen and protect your bones.
- Magnesium 400mg In addition to increasing bone strength and development, magnesium is well-known to help insomnia. Take this with dinner.
- A good probiotic: In addition to boosting your immune system, probiotics promote a healthy digestive track!
- Fish Oil: I really could go on and on about this one. Weight loss, fertility, pregnancy, healthy skin, cholesterol, bone health, increased energy and more. Be sure that you choose a fish oil with an EPA/DHA ratio of 2:1.
- Greens Powder: I think I could legitimately become a sales rep for Greens Powder, because I believe in it that much. Unfortunately, macro counting can sometimes lead to a decreased emphasis on micronutrients. Also, most modern foods are much less micronutrient dense than we’d like to believe. Greens powders can help fill in those gaps.
- Whey Protein Supplement : Do NOT be afraid of protein powder. It’s a great way to hit your protein grams! (Vega Sport Protein Powder, if you’re looking for a plant based protein powder.)
- Collagen Peptides: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It is the basic building block of skin, hair, nails, bones, and joints. Yet as we age our bodies natural collagen production slows. This vital protein’s product is FLAVORLESS and has 18g of protein. You can sneak it into your coffee, tea, smoothies, baked goods (anything hot or cold) . It’s a great way to sneak in that extra protein with the added benefits of keeping bones healthy and strong, supporting joint health, increasing mobility to prevent injury, maintaining healthy skin and a healthy immune system! Did I mention that this product is gluten free, Kosher, non-GMO and even Whole30 approved?!
- PerkEnergy Chai: This is like drinking a warm hug. It’s perfect for a morning “perk”, made with EGCG—a powerful antioxidant from green tea, just enough caffeine, and collagen to support healthy hair, skin, and nails. Perk also satisfies with five grams of protein to support lean muscle and no added sugar. (Macros per serving: 5P/10C/1F) Use promo code: STAYFITMOM for 15% off every time! We love this stuff and think you will too! They also just launched a new Perk Chill Mint Chocolate drink that is yummy! (Macros per serving for the Chill: 6P/12C/2.5F)
- 7 Day Pill Organizer: You can call me Grandma if you want, but I haven’t forgotten to take my supplements one time since I’ve started using it!
- Food Scale: Yes, we know that a food scale is not a vitamin or mineral, but it’s your new best friend for Macro counting! Say good-bye to eyeballing and estimating. Is this 6oz of steak or 4oz? It’s imperative that you know, so that you hit your macros!
- Upgrade to Premium on My Fitness Pal. It’s not a necessity, but will make your life 1,000 times easier. The regular version only lets you round your macros to the nearest 5% so there is a larger margin of error. The premium can get you to the nearest gram and has better ability to analyze where you are in your day. Krista and I do NOT splurge on very much and we aren’t sponsored by My Fit Pal, so believe us when we tell you that we’ve done our research and the premium My Fitness Pal is the most user-friendly for Macro Counting.
For Performance Athletes:
- BCAA’s Pre-workout: – Muscles can’t grow without protein. Proteins consist of Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s). If you are an athlete looking to increase lean muscle mass and performance, sip on some BCAA’s before and during your workout. We love Perk Energy’s Do Work BCAA’s. Our favorite flavors are Tropical Vanilla Creme and the Mojito Lime Creme. Save 15% if you order with our code: stayfitmom
- Glycofuse – If you haven’t tried this, I highly recommend it for high performance athletes (specifically CrossFiters). Glycofuse is CARB supplement that is absorbed immediately and helps to replenish muscle glycogen so that you can train harder and faster. It helps to shut down your Central Nervous system post workout, after adrenaline surges that are common in the CrossFit realm. Mix one scoop Glycofuse with your post workout protein shake. It is 25g of carbs (be sure to add it to your my fit pal as it will count towards your macros), but it has done wonders for our recovery. If you are new to Glycofuse begin with 1/2 a scoop, then 3/4 scoop until your body adjusts.
- Creatine – Creatine is one of the highest researched supplements out there and considered by most to be one of the safest supplements when used correctly. Creatine has many benefits including improved performance, faster muscle recovery, increased muscle mass and growth, improved brain function, and the list goes on. This is one of the cheapest and most beneficial supplements for performance athletes.
As mentioned above, Krista and I don’t splurge on much, but we do like to share with our readers what has worked for us! These supplements and recommendations have made noticeable differences in our immune systems as well as our recovery. We want to know what your favorite supplements are.
Join our FREE Macro Nutrition Support group here!
Interacting with our community on social media fuels our passion to keep on creating! We do our best to read and respond to every single comment. It means the world to us to know that you’re out there listening and going through the trenches right alongside us!
If you liked this post you might also like our Macro Hacks