I can’t get over how creamy and delicious this protein ice cream turned out!! You guys it exceeds all my expectations. I’m a HUGE ice cream fan. Don’t get me wrong, I’d eat Ben & Jerry’s over this everyday if I could. But if you’re trying to keep things a little more macro friendly I’ve got you!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
Don’t waste your money on the expensive protein ice cream at the grocery store. This protein ice cream is way creamier and better anyway, TRUST ME!
Here’s some notes about making this ice cream to keep in mind:
- You can use any ice cream maker, but the electric ones are so easy and don’t require salt, ice, or hand churning. I bought this Cuisinart Electric Ice Cream Maker back in April when I saw another influencer bragging about how easy it is to use. I snagged this exact one on Amazon before they were sold out. Now it’s just about impossible to find. I see them occasionally now but the price has more than doubled. After a little researching I did find this similar one. This Sweet Alice Ice Cream Maker looks like it would work exactly like mine.
- You need to use a quality whey protein that you like the taste of. I ordered and used one of my long times favorites, Optimum Nutrition Cake Batter. They have so many flavors to choose from. I’m going to try the strawberry banana next. I’ve always loved their protein because it’s high quality and affordable.
- You don’t have to make this, PROTEIN ice cream. You can easily eliminate the whey and you’ll have some fabulous low fat creamy ice cream. I would suggest just adding an extra teaspoon (or 2!) of vanilla extract.
- Right out of the ice cream maker it’s nice and creamy, just the way I like it. If you prefer a firmer scoop, freeze it all at least 3 hours before serving.
- If you don’t have butter extract (not a super common one to keep on hand) I highly recommend getting it, but it will still taste great without. You can find it at most grocery stores.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!