There is something about this combination of the sweet potatoes and bacon that is irresistible. My husband saw this idea somewhere on Instagram a few years ago and I’m pretty sure I could live off of them. What’s not to love? Sweet potatoes? Yes please. Bacon? Always.
This is a dish I often make for family dinners that everyone enjoys. Did I mention that there are only 2 ingredients in this dish!? No, I don’t lie. And this dish is so good, you will be licking your plate.
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1 16oz pkg of bacon (sugar free for whole 30)
- salt and peper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- While potatoes are baking, chop bacon and cook in a large pan.
- Drain all bacon grease except for about 2 tablespoons.
- When potatoes are ready, peel and add to pan with bacon and bacon grease.
- Mash up to desired consistancy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Scroll to bottom of page for printable recipe.
If you liked this post, you may also like: