I hope your new year is off to a great start! Whatever your goals are this year, I sincerely hope you reach them. I haven’t yet written down my goals for the year, but it’s on my to-do list right after I finish this new Green Chili Egg Casserole recipe post! Although I don’t write all my goals and ideas down, I know putting pen to paper and visualizing goals really helps keep them within reach.
Now, because getting in shape and losing weight is such a popular resolution, I’d like to give you a tip. Lets pretend I can only give you one, to help you in the new year…Here its goes. No matter what your diet consists of, Whole30 for January, macros with us, clean eating, keto, etc., make meal preparation a priority. I guarantee you, if you make heathy food for yourself and family, and keep it readily available in the fridge, you’ll not only look better, but you’ll feel better. If you want to create healthier habits this year, meal prep is a great place to start.
With all that said, one of the hardest, yet most important meals of the day, for people to meal prep for is breakfast. It can quickly get boring eating scrambled eggs or oatmeal everyday. I love this new breakfast recipe because it’s easy to make and it’s easy to throw in the microwave in the morning before work. I love having something ready for me in the fridge to just grab and go with, especially because I’m always rushing my kids out the door in the morning.
You know my all time favorite breakfast is overnight oats, but I sometimes like to change things up and this does not disappoint. I was inspired once again at a work potluck last month to create this dish. I admittedly don’t love eggs, but dress them up enough, and add one of my favorite ingredients(green chilis!), and I actually enjoy them quite a bit. Not to mention, eggs are an amazing source of protein!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission that helps support our blog. This would be at no additional cost to you.
I tried to keep this dish low in fat without sacrificing any deliciousness, and I think I succeeded. By all means, if you don’t mind a little extra fat, go with full fat cheese and even add a few extra ounces! This is really great topped with a little avocado and a side of fresh tomatoes. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we have been in our household. Recipe coming at ya!
- 4 Cups Liquid Egg Whites (I used 2 Kirkland brand containers)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 Cups Low Fat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 small bag)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (1 small bag)
- 1 4oz. Can Diced Green Chilies
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- In a large mixing bowl or mixer, beat egg whites and eggs for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine and break apart any clumps. Gradually add to egg mixture.
- Stir in cottage cheese, green chilies, and 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour into a lightly greased(I used Pam Spray) 13X9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the center appears to be cooked through.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.3||12.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.8||2.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
We offer macro coaching services. Our coaching services are conducted through a private Facebook group and include one-on-one nutrition counseling tailored to your diet, macro adjustments as needed, meal ideas, as well as high levels of accountability and support. For more information visit our page here.