These cupcakes are so moist and delicious your kids won’t even notice a difference! These are great for a special occasion or simply just because you deserve it!
First, I’d like to say Happy Birthday to my little “Stink”, Archer, today!!! Two years ago today my youngest boy was born. We had no idea how much he was going to change our family for the better. He is so much trouble, but we love him to pieces anyway.
So, on to the cupcakes… Am I the only person who cringes every time my kids are given candy, cake, chips, sugary drinks, etc.? I certainly don’t let my kids miss out on life but I do try to get them to eat healthier foods when I can. Trust me when I say that my kids eat PLENTY of bad food. It seems like every night it’s a battle to get them to eat dinner. One thing that does seem to help, is to include them in on the cooking/baking. Oh, and anything with a few sprinkles on top is automatically a winner (pancakes and greek yogurt are our favorites to put them on).
Needless to say, my kids helped me make these Dark Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes and they loved every minute of it. We celebrated on Monday and these were a hit with the kids and my father-in-law. If you know my father-in-law, you know that he is very honest when it comes to food critiquing, especially with my Paleo recipes. If you make these let me know how they turn out! Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission. This would be at no additional cost to you.
For the Cupcakes:
1 cup dark chocolate chips or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup almond milk (or any milk)
4 eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Combine and mix all wet ingredients in a mixer.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Fill cupcakes liners no more than 3/4 way full. I like to use a small ice cream scoop to keep my cupcakes all the same size.
5. Bake in the oven 20-25 minutes and let them cool completely before frosting.
6. To make frosting start with your can of coconut milk. Skim the fat off the top and place in mixing bowl.
7. Add remaining ingredients minus the coconut flour.
8. Mix 1 Tbsp of coconut flour into frosting at a time until you get your desired consistency.
9. Frost cupcakes and enjoy! Make sure to keep cupcakes in an airtight container to keep the cupcakes moist.
PRINTABLE VERSION BELOW
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
You may also like these delicious recipes!