Our families are BIG camp people! Camping is a wonderful way to enjoy the great outdoors, adventure, family and friends. What’s more?! It can be a very healthy way to travel. If you’ve got a camp trip planned ahead you CAN most definitely both enjoy yourself and even hit your macros.
Let’s start with the important details: S’MORES! Check out the macros on a homemade s’more!
- 1 Honey Graham Cracker
- 1 plain Stacker Marshmallow
- ¼ Hershey Bar
It’s a treat that can most definitely fit into your macros without breaking the budget!
Tips For Hitting Your Macros Camping:
- Plan your meals ahead of time just like you would at home.
- Pre cut veggies for planned meals to make dinner prep easier.
- Pack plenty of protein snacks. I loaded my camper fridge with G2Gbars and they’re been a nice treat each day. (You can save 15% on bars when you use code: stayfitmom) I also love packing beef jerky and my favorite combo: cottage cheese + Popcorners.
- Only pack enough of what you need to make your meals.
- Pack treats YOU enjoy so you don’t feel like you’re missing out when Aunt Suzanne pulls out the homemade cookies and brownies.
- Take your slow cooker if you’re camping somewhere with hookups. Nothing is better than coming back from a long hike to a hot and ready meal. See a few of our favorites below.
Make Ahead of Time to Take Camping:
- Chorizo Breakfast burritos are one of my favorites to take along camping when I know we’ll have hook-ups and can easily reheat them.
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Burritos (cookbook 3)
- Sloppy Joes is a great one you could make ahead of time and reheat in the slow cooker or in a pot.
- Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- Overnight Oats
- Breakfast Wonton Cups
- Egg White Bites (cookbook 3)
Macro Calculated Treats to Make Ahead of Time:
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies (cookbook 1)
- 2 Ingredient Brownies (cookbook 1)
- Pink Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies (cookbook 3)
Camping Dinner Ideas:
- Try Healthy Foil Dinners to make a meal the whole family will enjoy. You can customize the ingredients and portions to fit your macros.
- Eggs in a Bag is another customizable meal great for your breakfasts!
- Philly Cheesesteak Pitas would be easy to whip up for lunch or dinner over the grill.
- Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey (cookbook 2)
- Philly Cheesesteak Pitas (cookbook 2)
- Pumpkin Pancakes (cookbook 3)
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes (cookbook 3)
- Greenbean Casserole (cookbook 3)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon (cookbook 3)
- Strawberry Poppyseed Salad (cookbook 3)
- Japanese Chicken Curry (cookbook 3)
Make in the Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker Camping:
- Stay Fit Mom French Dipped Sandwiches
- Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Sesame Orange Chicken
- Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Grandma Nino’s Spaghetti Sauce & Turkey Meatball Subs (cookbook 2)
- Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches (cookbook 2)
- Buffalo Shredded Chicken (cookbook 2)
- Beef Barbacoa Tacos (cookbook 2)
- Sausage Bean Stew (cookbook 2)
- Beef Stroganoff (cookbook 3)
- Instant Pot Fried Rice (cookbook 3)
With a little planning you can cook almost any meal camping just as you would at home!
Find our cookbooks here.
Another great motivator for staying on track with your macros is staying active. Think about keeping your step count high and partake in all the activities. Get up early and go for a walk around camp to jumpstart your steps for the day.
Grab your digital copy of the Stay Fit Mom 6 week At Home Workout Plan for a slew of workouts you can take with you on the road!
Drink your Water