Tuesday we kick off our More Than Macros Retreat!! To say I’m excited is an understatement. Make sure you’re following along on Instagram! Thursday coach Amy and I will be doing a workshop titled, It Happens in the Kitchen. We’re going to discuss how we’ve found success with planning and preparing easy meals for our busy schedules. One way we’ve found success is by having a few go-to macro balanced recipes. This bowtie chicken pesto recipe is just that!
Common ingredients, easy to make, and bursting with a surprising amount of flavor. Chad actually got me hooked on this meal. I accidentally took one of his prepped meals to work one day last school year and was pleasantly surprised by it. I told him it was a keeper and made myself some the following week to take to work for lunch each day.
I typically don’t make it in one big serving like this, but figure doing so would make it much easier to share with a. my family and b. all of you. Need a side dish to take to a BBQ this summer? This is your recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, we could earn a small commission that helps support our blog. This would be at no additional cost to you.
You’re basically going to cook all the ingredients and mix them together in a giant mixing bowl. This is the same mixing bowl I use for big batches of cookie dough and cinnamon rolls. You get the idea. Use your biggest bowl, it makes 10 servings.
- 1-16oz. Box Bowtie Pasta
- 40oz. Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast
- 15oz. Raw Broccoli, Chopped
- 12oz. Grape Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
- 1/2 Cup Pesto (Kirkland Brand is our favorite but any brand will work. Most have very similar macros)
- Grill your chicken on the BBQ and slice how you like it.
- Cook your bowtie pasta according to box directions. (I always add Kosher salt to to the water when I put the noodles in. About 1 tablespoon)
- Cook your broccoli with a vegetable steamer.
- In a large bowl mix your clicken, pasta, broccoli, sliced tomatoes, and the pesto.
Easily log this in MyFitnessPal by searching Stay Fit Mom Bowtie Chicken Pesto. This recipe makes approximately 10 servings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12||18.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40||13.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4||16%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom