Before I went back to work a few weeks ago I spent my evenings watching Netflix until 11pm and enjoying the best flourless brownies ever! I seriously made these paleo brownies about 3 times and may have eaten almost the whole batch each time. They are the perfect amount of chewy and soft just the way I like them. I don’t usually make these when my kids are awake because then I would have to share. I pretty much whip them up and consume my first brownie all within the hour.
I have only been moved out of my house and with my parents for about 5 days and I’m already missing my kitchen. It’s killing me to be without all my special cooking ingredients, protein powder, and emersion blender to name a few. Because of this move I have been living out of a suitcase for about 2 weeks already, have eaten pizza more times that I can even remember, and I haven’t done a workout since 16.4. I was too sick and my schedule was too full to even squeeze in 16.5 last weekend. I’m confident once I’m back in my own home again things will get much better. Oh the joys of life…
Before my diet took a turn for the worst I enjoyed these super delicious flourless brownies often and I think I’ve mastered the perfect recipe. You’ll have to try them and let me know what you think.
The Best Flourless Brownies
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life for gluten free)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal.
- Add coconut oil and chocolate chips to a small microwaveable bowl. Heat for 1 minute at half power. Stir and continue to heat for 15 seconds at a time at full power until chips are melted. Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth about 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add cocoa powder, almond flour, arrowroot powder, and salt, mixing until well combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Batter should be thick and smooth.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer brownies in the foil to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
***Scroll to bottom of page for recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
You might also like these recipes: