When you can eat this good and still reach your goals… I love summer because of all the BBQ’ing and amazing grilled food! Hamburgers, hotdogs, bratwurst, tritip, grilled veggies, you name it, I’m all about it! Skipping over all these foods I love is NOT an option for me. Not enjoying a good meal with my family is NOT an option for me. The fact that I can eat meals like this Bacon Peanut Butter Burger on a regular basis and still lose fat is priceless. Counting your macros allows you to plan in the foods you love and still enjoy all the grilling summer has to offer, guilt free!If you follow me on Instagram you know we recently bought a new Traeger Grill. Oh my gosh! One of the best investments we’ve made! Why had we never heard of these smoker grills before?! We’ve had so much fun and have been eating REAL good the last few weeks. In just the last 2 weeks we’ve done pulled pork, steaks, tritip, salmon, tilapia, london broil, cornbread, lots of grilled veggies, potato salad, these burgers, and the list goes on! I wish this were a Trager sponsored post, but I love the grill so much, I’m just bragging about it for free. If you’re in the market for a grill or smoker like we were, this is the way to go! We got ours at Costco, duh. I have heard of people putting peanut butter on their sweet potatoes before, but never on a hamburger. I first saw the idea on the Traeger recipe app and had to try it. Of course I made a few tweaks to the peanut butter spread recipe to make it a little more macro friendly. You guys!! It’s so good. I’ve been putting this peanut butter spread on all my burgers the past 2 weeks and I’m absolutely loving it! I’ve even been dipping my sweet potato fries in the peanut butter spread a bit and it’s so good too!? I’m kicking myself for not trying this sooner!I like to make my hamburgers with 90/10 ground sirloin that I find at Sam’s Club. This recipe will be for 6, 5 ounce burgers. You can easily use more beef to make more, but if you’re macro counting them here’s how I easily calculate the macros per burger no matter what kind I’m making:
- First you’ll need to create the recipe in MyFitnessPal and import all your ingredients. However many burgers you’re making will be the serving size.
- How many burgers do you need? Multiply that by 5 and that’s how many ounces of ground beef you need to use.
- Add all your mix ins: For this recipe it’s bacon, worchestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Take the total weight of your meat mixture in grams and divide it by how many burgers you’re making. This will tell you how much each burger should weigh in grams.That’s it! So easy! Keep your meat on the food scale, zero it out, deduct the right amount of beef for each burger you make, and they will all be the same size and cook evenly. Now if you’re following this recipe today and making just the 6 burgers, I’ve already done the work for you. Simply search Stay Fit Mom Bacon Peanut Butter Burger in MyFitnessPal to log it. The peanut butter spread is also pre calculated for you along with many of our other recipes. Scroll down for this printable recipe and the macros for both the hamburger patty and the peanut butter spread.
- 30 ounces Ground Sirloin 90/10 (I get mine at Sam's Club)
- 6 tablespoons Real Bacon Bits (I buy these at Walmart)
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Jalapeño Seasoning (or any seasoning you like!)
- Some Salt & Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Seasoning
- Combine all burger ingredients well.
- Form beef mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill patties how you like them and top with cheese if you like. (I like to use LF Swiss from Costco)
- Combine all peanut butter spread ingredients and mix well.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds to warm up and make spreading easy.
- Spread peanut butter mixture on hamburger buns. (Each burger should get about 27g)
- Dress your burger up with all your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Macros above are for the hamburger patty only. Any toppings you add need to be accounted for separately.
Macros for Peanut Butter Spread: 27g = 3.5P 9.8C 8.1F
The brioche buns pictured can be found at Walmart in the bakery. They are to die for and I highly recommend them! Macros per bun: 5P 26C 4F
***Search Stay Fit Mom Bacon Peanut Butter Burger & Stay Fit Mom Peanut Butter Spread in MyFitnessPal to easily log these items!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.8||24.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate .8||0.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stay Fit Mom
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipe suggestions! We love seeing Stay Fit Mom recipes in your kitchen! Post your meals to Instagram and be sure to tag @stayfitmom_Krista and @stayfitmom_Tracy!
Other SFM recipes you might like: