This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TipsFemeninos #CollectiveBias.
Remember in high school when you would call your mom to come pick you up during third hour because your cramps were so bad? No? Well, maybe that was just me, and maybe part of that was just my way out of Geometry, but my mom sure nurtured me full on Latina style. She brought me water, let me eat my meals from the couch, put heating pads on my stomach, and listened as I moaned and groaned about how rough it was to be a woman.
I sure do love my mom and all the nurturing that comes with her, but all that time I spent on the couch only made me focus more on how uncomfortable and awful that special time of the month really is. For the last 3 years I’ve worked out 4-6 days a week, at an intensity level my body hasn’t ever experienced before, and I’ve had fewer PMS symptoms than I’ve ever had in the past.
- Increased Energy Levels: You might just want to sit on the couch and be pampered all day, but if you’re a mom to little ones, there’s definitely NO time for that. Working out will give you the energy boost you need to make it through even the hardest of days!
- Decreased Pain/Discomfort: The longer you sit idly, the easier it is to focus on the cramping. Do some simple stretches or yoga poses to get the blood circulating. Pigeon stretch shown below.
- Minimize Mood Swings: Exercising releases endorphins. These endorphins can do wonders for your mood. If you’re feeling the need to get out some aggression try a kickboxing class. Looking to decrease your anxiety? Try yoga for meditation.
- Balance out Your Caloric Intake: I’m far more likely to reach for that delicious chocolate bar while on my period, and sometimes there’s no getting around those cravings! Balance out those extra calories with your favorite class at the gym!
- Stick to Your Goals: Do NOT let this one week of the month derail you from your goals. Those four to seven days of your period are not the time to throw your workout plan out the window!
Playtex® Gentle Glide® tampons are my go-to products for that special time of the month! With a unique triple layer design, Playtex® Gentle Glide® 360°TM tampons custom fit your body to help stop leaks before they happen. Perfect for a vigorous exercise program!
I’ll never forget the first time my mom tried to explain how to insert a Playtex® Gentle Glide® tampon to my 3 pre-teen friends at my birthday pool party. There was definitely a language and cultural barrier. There were LOTS of hand gestures involved and I was mortified, but one thing’s for sure, my mom never shied away from a difficult conversation!
- Playtex® Gentle Glide®: Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Playtex® Gentle Glide® Tampons
- Carefree®: Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Carefree® Liners (excludes 20 or 22 ct.)
- Stayfree®: Save $2.00 on any TWO (2) Stayfree® Pads
Bottom line: Studies have shown there is a high correlation between high levels of fitness and fewer PMS symptoms. Keep some Playtex® Gentle Glide® tampons in your gym bag so that you’re ready for anything!
Do you have any tips that help you get through your time of the month? Let us know on our Facebook page where we love getting personal. Follow us @stayfitmom_com and @stayfitmomblog on Instagram and you can also subscribe to Stay Fit Mom for healthy recipes, workouts, and most of all inspiration and encouragement!
If you liked this post you might also like our 10 Favorite Things for Post Workout Care